13 September 2011

MEET the MODEL: Mandy Moon

This year's celebrity model in the FASHION FIRST Finale set is none other than long-time supporter Mandy Moon. Mandy is a wife and mother, a manager, a philanthropist, and a talented jewelry designer with her own label, Mandy Moon Vintage.

She'll be walking the runway in the one-of-a-kind SEATTLE Magazine dress, designed by Art Institute of Seattle graduate, Rosalyn Librande. Get a sneak peek behind the scenes in this video...and learn more about Mandy in our interview, below.


FF: What Are Some of Your Favorite Local Boutiques?
MM: My favorite local boutiques are Chez Chic with their great variety of easy affordable day and night pieces. The Finerie for their great collection of jewelry, and David Lawrence for their upscale dresses. (all stores also carry Mandy Moon Vintage :)

FF:  What Fall Trends Are You Looking Forward to Wearing?
MM: Fall trends that I look forward to wearing are chunky knits with leather leggings/pants and I may have to invest in a cape this fall. I love all the jewel tones as well that come back in the fall/winter.

FF: How Would You Describe Your Style?
MM: My style is pretty casual with the focus on jewelry, shoes, and bags. Overall I am a big accessory person. It's a major reason why I started my own jewelry line - I love to take a basic black dress or white tee with a blazer and jazz it up with a statement necklace
Mandy with Husband Warren Moon


FF: How Is the Dress Design Process Going for You?
MM: I am loving watching the process from start to finish. I am a creative person and enjoy watching others' creative images/ideas come to life.

FF: Tell Us More About Your Philanthropic Efforts.
MM: Besides Rise N Shine, other organizations that I support are: Hope for Horses (a local non profit that help abused and neglected horses), Seattle Children's Hospital, ASPCA, Seattle Humane Society, Second Harvest, and two of my husband's charities, Sports Dream Foundation (which provides urban youth scholarship funds) and Crescent Moon Foundation.

FF: You Do So Much! Why Was Starting a Jewelry Line Important to You?
MM: I have a 4 year old son who is my first priority. As he is starting to get older and soon will be in school, I wanted to create a business that didn't feel like work. I have always loved vintage costume jewelry and the idea of making a business out of it just kind of fell into my lap after getting complements about the pieces I was making for myself. I started Mandy Moon Vintage a year ago and I am really enjoying building the business. I take special care into creating unique one of a kind pieces that I am proud of and make a woman feel special.

Mandy, center, with friends at Fashion First 2010

FF: What Are You Looking Forward to at FASHION FIRST on September 15?
MM: I am looking forward to the entire evening! I am excited to walk the runway (and a little nervous as I am not big on being the center of attention :) I always enjoy seeing my pieces from my jewelry line coming down the runway as well! I think FASHION FIRST is a great event where everyone has a wonderful time all while supporting an amazing organization, Rise n Shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment